Emerald Hill Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming's Magic Moments

3 posters

Go down

Gaming's Magic Moments Empty Gaming's Magic Moments

Post  death_by_stereo Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:33 pm

Looking back trough years and years of video gaming, what are some of your all time favorite moments? Weather it's classic cut-scenes, epic boss battles, startling plot-twists, stunning backgrounds, kicking soundtracks, or anything else that really stood out and made you really enjoy the gaming experience. Even some of your own fun memories that are attached to playing, like buying a game the day it came out and rushing home to play it (like I have with the latest few Mortal Kombat games. Hell, I even booked time off work for the release of Mortal Kombat Armageddon a few years ago. Ha!)

One of my personal favourite moments is the first time I saw the t-rex in the original Tomb Raider. Entering that huge buried valley when the screen begins to shake in time with a thundering booming sound. I didn't think much of it, as I'd spent the first quarter of the game shooting smaller animals like bats and wolves. but once that massive dinosaur came into view as it charged towards me, my whole perspective of Tomb Raider instantly changed.
death_by_stereo
death_by_stereo

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Magic Moments Empty Re: Gaming's Magic Moments

Post  The Twelfth Crusader Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm

The ending to Metal Gear Solid 3 was amazing. The best ending I have ever saw in a game.

Getting out of the sewers in Oblivion and seeing the bright, green forest.

Slaying the first colossus in Shadow of the Colossus.

I'll think of some more later :)
The Twelfth Crusader
The Twelfth Crusader
Super-Jew
Super-Jew

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post  death_by_stereo Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:22 pm

The dogs jumping through the windows of one of the early corridors in the original Resident Evil game is another stand-out moment for me. A classic shock which caught me completely off guard and unprepared the first time round.

The first battle against the Sorceress Edea in Final Fantasy VIII was an amazing moment. The entire build up to the fight (which took hours) was superbly done as your team positioned themselves around the city, Rinoa going missing, Irvine getting the chills while trying to take the sniper shot, and the fight against Seifer. Then of course the actual fight against Edea which ends in Squall getting skewered with an icicle. What a way to end the fist disc.
death_by_stereo
death_by_stereo

Back to top Go down

Post  King Danana Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:59 pm

Getting the master sword in Ocarina Of Time, then stepping out into Hyrule Castle Town to find it overrun with ReDead's D:
Scared the crap out of me when I first played it.
King Danana
King Danana
Leecher

Back to top Go down

Post  death_by_stereo Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:40 pm

I started playing Devil May Cry 4 yesterday, and it took my mind back to the original DMC game. I loved the scene in the first game where you gave gave the staff to the judge statue, and in exchange he fired the lightning sword (Alister, I think it was called) at Dante stabbing him through the chest and pinning him to the ground. Dante then dragged himself up through the sword (in a mess of gore) unscratched. What a character Very Happy
death_by_stereo
death_by_stereo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum