Emerald Hill Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DSi - Your Thoughts

5 posters

Go down

DSi - Your Thoughts Empty DSi - Your Thoughts

Post  VanMerde Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:07 am

Whats your opinion on the new DSi

A great idea, or Nintendo screwing your wallet again?
VanMerde
VanMerde
Admin

https://emeraldhillzone.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

DSi - Your Thoughts Empty Re: DSi - Your Thoughts

Post  death_by_stereo Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:21 am

I'm not too sure what is fact and what is rumor about the DSi at the moment, because I havn't really looked it up yet. I've heard, however, that it does not play GBA games. If this is true, I think it's a mistake on Nintendos behalf. Why replace the GBA port with the likes of a camera? Most folks have cameras on the phones at this stage anyways, so I really don't see why they would sacrifice the use of GBA games for this. Then again, this is just what I've heard, I could be wrong.
death_by_stereo
death_by_stereo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Twelfth Crusader Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:04 am

No you are correct. They took out the GBA slot and replaced it with an SD slot so you can put music, pictures, downloadable games etc on to it.

I think that the DSi is good, especially if you only have an original DS. Appearance wise it looks better, and it has more features in it. The fact you can now download games is a great idea as well. Yes it takes out the GBA slot which will annoy people but I still have my GBA in my house so it doesn't bother me.
The Twelfth Crusader
The Twelfth Crusader
Super-Jew
Super-Jew

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Twelfth Crusader Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:52 pm

They didn't take the GBA out for the camera... Rolling Eyes
The Twelfth Crusader
The Twelfth Crusader
Super-Jew
Super-Jew

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Havok181 Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:19 pm

The DSi is a very gimmicky update which is showing little promise as of yet. My sister has one and the cameras aren't very high quality nor work that well in the motion sensing Wario Ware game. So far the downloadable content is laughable and I can't help but thinking that the removal of the GBA slot is a sign that there'll be a Gameboy VC coming to the DSi soon. Taking the GBA slot away also means no Guitar Hero and no transferring Pokemon to the DS games.

Havok181
Leecher

Back to top Go down

Post  VanMerde Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:25 pm

Havok181 wrote:The DSi is a very gimmicky update which is showing little promise as of yet. My sister has one and the cameras aren't very high quality nor work that well in the motion sensing Wario Ware game. So far the downloadable content is laughable and I can't help but thinking that the removal of the GBA slot is a sign that there'll be a Gameboy VC coming to the DSi soon. Taking the GBA slot away also means no Guitar Hero and no transferring Pokemon to the DS games.

there will be something to fix that soon, as theres a new DS guitar hero coming out, itll probably come with a new peripheral
VanMerde
VanMerde
Admin

https://emeraldhillzone.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bamstead Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:37 pm

VanMerde wrote:[
theres a new DS guitar hero coming out, itll probably come with a new peripheral
seems like an unnecery cost for people who already own the game
Bamstead
Bamstead
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  death_by_stereo Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:46 am

The Twelfth Crusader wrote:No you are correct. They took out the GBA slot and replaced it with an SD slot so you can put music, pictures, downloadable games etc on to it.

Downloadable games is a great idea (if it is done correctly), but camera, pics, music and the like are really not needed. I've still got an original DS, and it suits my needs fine. I nvever felt the need to upgrade to a DS Lite, and I can't see people would want to upgrade yet again for the DSi.
death_by_stereo
death_by_stereo

Back to top Go down

Post  Havok181 Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:46 pm

death_by_stereo wrote:
The Twelfth Crusader wrote:No you are correct. They took out the GBA slot and replaced it with an SD slot so you can put music, pictures, downloadable games etc on to it.

Downloadable games is a great idea (if it is done correctly), but camera, pics, music and the like are really not needed. I've still got an original DS, and it suits my needs fine. I nvever felt the need to upgrade to a DS Lite, and I can't see people would want to upgrade yet again for the DSi.

I'm actually the same. The DS Phat still works perfectly for my needs.

Havok181
Leecher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum