Emerald Hill Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game soundtracks

+2
VanMerde
The Twelfth Crusader
6 posters

Go down

Game soundtracks Empty Game soundtracks

Post  The Twelfth Crusader Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:51 pm

There are many factors which affect games. The obvious ones being gameplay, length, graphics (to an extent) and sound. Sound is one of the most important factors about a game, well to me it is. Whether the game boasts having an epic orchestra playing to give the game the perfect feel or whether it uses licensed songs, a games soundtrack can affect the experience in so many ways. Sometimes music can make the events of a game feel amazing but other times it can just be annoying and pathetic. Killzone 2 just came out and I thought it was a great game but if it had an incredible soundtrack the game would have been amazing. The music in KZ was alright but nothing spectacular which is what it needed.

So anyway do you agree that music can make a game? What are your favourites soundtracks in a game?

For me it's Metal Gear Solid. The entire MGS series is full of epic music which really adds to the whole cinematic feel that the game adds. The music fits in really well to each of the game and makes it stand out.
The Twelfth Crusader
The Twelfth Crusader
Super-Jew
Super-Jew

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Game soundtracks Empty Re: Game soundtracks

Post  VanMerde Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:02 pm

My faves are the Halo series, The first 2 Drivers...and does guitar hero count lol afro
VanMerde
VanMerde
Admin

https://emeraldhillzone.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bamstead Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:48 pm

I have the fallout soundtrack its quite fun with the old songs but is cool with the new songs
Bamstead
Bamstead
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Havok181 Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:56 pm

I agree with the MGS series. The music really works well and the alert sounds are so familiar.

Licensed soundtracks work really well sometimes, with Vice City being a highlight. '80s music FTW. The '40s and '50s tunes in Bioshock are good too and it's weird hearing "How Much Is That Doggy In The Window?" as you shoot a psychotic waitress Laughing

Havok181
Leecher

Back to top Go down

Post  death_by_stereo Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:08 pm

Havok181 wrote:
Licensed soundtracks work really well sometimes, with Vice City being a highlight.

I couldn't agree more. The soundtrack for Vice City was incredible. I played that game for so long, that I actually knew when to change the radio station to catch my favorite tunes. It really gave the game an authentic 80's feel. Strnagley enough though, Vice City Stories' soundtrack didn't seem to have the same effect on me.

The Final fantasy games also have amazing soundtracks. There are tones of musical pieces throughout the series that truly capture the feeling of the battle scenes. There are a few real tear-jerkers in there too.
death_by_stereo
death_by_stereo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Twelfth Crusader Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:34 pm

Vice City had great music, it really built the atmosphere. Shadow of the Colossus had lots of atmosphere too which came from the music.

I agree about FF. The piano pieces in FFX were amazing.
The Twelfth Crusader
The Twelfth Crusader
Super-Jew
Super-Jew

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ☆ỴΛsНΣИ☆   Wed May 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Something its not usually commented on but world of warcraft has an amazing original soundtrack.
I remember the first time i stepped into shadowsong Forrest and actually thinking that i was there just because of the atmosphere created by the music (or it was the fact i was a deluded 14 year old?)

Fables soundtrack is not anything mind blowing but its amazing due to the fact it fits the game play so well.
☆ỴΛsНΣИ☆  
☆ỴΛsНΣИ☆  
Off Topic Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down